Sunday, April 15, 2012

You Can Take the Boy Out of the Country

. . . but you can't take the country out of the boy.

Evidence of that was Saturday night during the tornado-fest. We had gone to the basement well before the tornadoes were close and had been monitoring their progression. When the meteorologists began talking about the tornado nearing Eastborough, which is about 3 miles directly south of here, Don disappeared. I heard the door open, and he went outside. I came upstairs to ask him what he was doing and to suggest that he come inside. "It isn't that close," he said.

This morning he explained himself further to someone at church. "I have been doing this for 60 years, and I have yet to see a tornado. And I have been trying," he said. I guess he figures his continued antics will keep the tornado at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment