Monday, April 9, 2012

Urban Table


All of my kids and their friends are foodies. They love to cook with good, fresh ingredients, and they like to go to novel restaurants. We can always be certain when we are with them we will be eating at interesting places.

Such was the case Saturday in Kansas City. Kenneth and Melinda took us to Urban Table.


Their menu included a number of intriguing entrees and sandwiches, but I had to try their grilled cheese. It had a fancy name - something like the truffle cheese grill (but that's not quite it) - but more interesting were the ingredients - havarti, blue cheese, pears, and a chutney on a challa bread. Man, oh man. It was scrumptious. The homemade potato chips, however, rivaled it for deliciousness. I love homemade chips, but the ones from Urban Table were the most thinly sliced, perfectly fried potatoes I have ever seen. I would go back there just for their chips . . .

If I were a real foodie, I would have taken a picture of the sandwiches and salads before we ate them. Unfortunately, they were gone before I ever thought of it. I did remember to take a picture of the desserts at the next restaurant, however so stay tuned!

The next time in Kansas City, I would recommend you make Urban Table one of your meal stops. You will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. We just ate there on Thursday night! So so yummy. I haven't had the chips but they are on my list for the next time!

    ReplyDelete